'Go Bucks': Ohio State running back Miyan Williams tweets 'I'm good' during the Maryland game
Ohio State running back Miyan Williams, who did not travel with the team to Rutgers, will not play against Maryland.
And he was active on Twitter during the game, but indicated he'll "be back soon." He added the hashtag "Go Bucks."
Williams started the first two games against Minnesota and Oregon, rushing for a combined 202 yards and one touchdown, but did not carry the ball the following week against Tulsa and has seen budding star freshman TreVeyon Henderson take on a larger workload in the backfield.
The Buckeyes, who are especially tight-lipped on injury-related issues, haven't provided a reason for his absence.
Buckeyes football:Follow Ohio State vs. Maryland live
Williams, though, seemed to signal that his absence, for whatever reason, wouldn't last long.
Ohio State football 2021 schedule
- 2021 Ohio State Buckeye football schedule
- Sept. 2: Ohio State 45, Minnesota 31
- Sept. 11: Oregon 35, Ohio State 28
- Sept. 18:Ohio State 41, Tulsa 20
- Sept. 25: Ohio State 59, Akron 7
- Oct. 2: Ohio state 52, Rutgers 13
- Oct. 9: Maryland, 12 p.m., TBA
- Oct. 23: at Indiana, TBA
- Oct. 30: Penn State, TBA
- Nov. 6:at Nebraska, TBA
- Nov. 13:Purdue, TBA
- Nov. 20:Michigan State, TBA
- Nov. 27: at Michigan, 12 p.m., FOX