Ohio State women's basketball is in the Elite Eight vs. Virginia Tech. Here's how to watch
Ohio State women's basketball is looking to make program history.
After beating Connecticut 73-61 Saturday in the Sweet 16 — snapping a run of 14-straight Final Four appearances for the Huskies — the Buckeyes return to Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle Monday night to try for its first Final Four appearance in 30 years.
Ohio State will take on Virginia Tech for a spot in the Final Four, which beat Tennessee 73-64 Saturday night to advance to its first Elite Eight in school history.
Ohio State confident in press:'You can't scout it': Ohio State women confident in full-court press ahead of Elite Eight
Ohio State shakes up NCAA Tournament:Did Ohio State women shake up the world with victory over Connecticut? Yes | Michael Arace
Here's what you need to know ahead of Monday's matchup between the Buckeyes and the Hokies.
Ohio State women's basketball players to watch vs. Virginia Tech
- Cotie McMahon — The Ohio State freshman forward led the team with 23 points against Connecticut while adding five rebounds, two assists and two steals. McMahon, the Big Ten Freshman of the Year, also made multiple 3-point tries for the third time all season. Much like the rest of the Buckeyes' NCAA Tournament run, expect McMahon to be the focal point of Ohio State's offense down low.
- Jacy Sheldon — After playing limited minutes throughout Ohio State's Big Ten tournament run, Sheldon is back, averaging nearly 17 points, six rebounds, six assists and three steals in 38 minutes per game. Through three NCAA Tournament games, Sheldon is shooting 36.1% from the field with only two 3-point makes on 11 tries.
- Taylor Mikesell — Mikesell didn't play much of a factor in Ohio State's offense against Connecticut. After making four 3s on eight tries against North Carolina, the Ohio State and first-team All-Big Ten guard connected on one of five tries from deep against the Huskies, finishing with nine points, one rebound and a steal in 38 minutes. Mikesell leads Ohio State with 17 points per game, shooting 42.7% from the field and 40.5% from 3-point range.
Virginia Tech women's basketball players to watch vs. Ohio State
- Georgia Amoore — The Virginia Tech junior guard and All-ACC first team member has done a bit of everything for the Hokies, averaging 16.1 points, 5.1 assists and nearly a steal per game. And while she wasn't the most efficient scorer, shooting 38.5% from the field, Amoore averages 14.1 shot attempts per game, including 9.2 tries from 3.
- Elizabeth Kitley — Kitley has proved to be Virginia Tech's main post presence. The ACC Player of the Year, Kitley leads the team with 18 points and 10.7 rebounds per game, shooting 55.5% from the field. The 6-foot-6 center also leads the team with 74 blocks in 33 games.
- Taylor Soule — The Boston College transfer forward was been a key tandem in the post with Kitley, averaging 11.1 points and 5.7 rebounds per game. Soule leads the Hokies with 96 offensive rebounds and 38 steals.
What time is the Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech NCAA Tournament game?
Tipoff: 9 p.m., March 27 at Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle
What channel is Ohio State Elite Eight game on against Virginia Tech?
The Elite Eight matchup between Ohio State and Virginia Tech will be shown on ESPN.
Is the Elite Eight between Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech streaming?
Yes. The game will stream on any platform that offers ESPN, such as Hulu Live and YouTube TV. The game will also be on the ESPN+ app.
Will there be an Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech radio broadcast?
Yes. 97.1 The Fan will broadcast Ohio State's Elite Eight appearance starting with the pregame show at 8:45 p.m.
What is the Ohio State vs. Virginia Tech spread in the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight?
Tipico Sportsbook has Ohio State as 2.5-point underdogs against Virginia Tech Monday night, with an over/under set at 140.5 points.
What is the Final Four schedule for the 2023 NCAA women's basketball tournament?
If it beats Virginia Tech Monday, Ohio State would play LSU in the 2023 NCAA women's basketball tournament Final Four Friday for a chance in the national championship against Iowa or either South Carolina or Maryland.