Michigan football rolls through non-conference schedule, opens Big Ten play vs. Maryland
Michigan football did its job through its three-game non-conference schedule: dominate.
OSU Headlines newsletter:Sign up for our daily newsletter on Ohio State sports
Michigan football leads country in scoring offense, behind Ohio State in total offense
Heading into Big Ten play, Michigan has the No. 1 scoring offense in the country and is one of six teams, along with James Madison, Tennessee, North Carolina, Kansas and USC, to average more than 50 points per game.
With quarterback J.J. McCarthy at the helm, the Wolverines are No. 21 in total offense, averaging 497.7 yards per game and 7.78 yards per play. Ohio State currently leads the country with 565.3 yards per game and 8.44 yards per play.
C.J. Stroud adding to OSU passing game:Ohio State football quarterback C.J. Stroud finding success in throwing out of pocket
Will OSU beat Wisconsin?Expert Ohio State football predictions for Wisconsin game
Michigan defense success continues
Through the first three games, Michigan is tied with Minnesota for the fourth-best scoring defense in the country, allowing two touchdowns and one field goal.
The Wolverines defense is behind the Golden Gophers in total defense and come in allowing the third-least yards per game in the country with 194.
Michigan allows 3.22 yards per play.
Which Big Ten team does Michigan face in Week 4?
Michigan opens its 2022 Big Ten schedule at home against Maryland.
The Wolverines have won their last six meetings with the Terrapins, last losing to Maryland in 2014.
Michigan will kick off against Maryland at noon Saturday on FOX.
2022 Michigan football schedule
- Week 1: Michigan 51, Colorado State 7
- Week 2: Michigan 56, Hawaii 10
- Week 3: Michigan 59, UConn 0
- Week 4: Michigan vs. Maryland, at noon Sept. 24, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Week 5: Michigan vs. Iowa, Oct. 1, Iowa City, IA.
- Week 6: Michigan vs. Indiana, Oct. 8, Bloomington, Ind.
- Week 7: Michigan vs. Penn State, Oct. 15, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Week 8: Michigan vs. Michigan State, Oct. 29, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Week 9: Michigan vs. Rutgers, Nov. 5, Piscataway, NJ.
- Week 10: Michigan vs. Nebraska, Nov. 12, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Week 11: Michigan vs. Illinois, Nov. 19, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Week 12: Michigan vs. Ohio State, at noon Nov. 26, Columbus, Ohio
2022 Ohio State football schedule
Week 1: Ohio State 21, Notre Dame 10Week 2: Ohio State 45, Arkansas State 12Week 3: Ohio State 77, Toledo 21Week 4: Ohio State vs. Wisconsin, Sept. 24, Columbus, OhioWeek 5: Ohio State vs. Rutgers, Oct. 1, Columbus OhioWeek 6:Ohio State vs. Michigan State, Oct. 8, East Lansing, Mich. Week 7:Ohio State vs. Iowa, Oct. 22, Columbus, OhioWeek 8:Ohio State vs. Penn State, Oct. 29, State College, Pa. Week 9: Ohio State vs. Northwestern, Nov. 5, Evanston, Ill. Week 10:Ohio State vs Indiana, Nov. 12, Columbus, OhioWeek 11: Ohio State vs. Maryland, Nov. 19, College Park, MD. Week 12: Ohio State vs. Michigan, at noon Nov. 26, Columbus, Ohio