Injuries continue to plague Ohio State football vs. Rutgers
Entering the fifth game of the season with 14 players on its unavailable list, including wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba and cornerback Cameron Brown, Ohio State continued to see more and more players sidelined with injuries.
Here's a look at a few of the injuries the Buckeyes have seen Saturday afternoon.
OSU Headlines newsletter:Sign up for our daily newsletter on Ohio State sports
TreVeyon Henderson, Emeka Egbuka named game-time decisions.
Prior to kickoff, two Ohio State players were added to the team's injury list as game-time decisions.
Wide receiver Emeka Egbuka was a late addition after playing in each of the Buckeyes' first four games of the 2022 season, but played for much of the first half, recording two receptions on three targets for 47 yards.
Running back TreVeyon Henderson was added as a game-time decision as the Buckeyes took the field for the game-opening coin toss, and did not see the field in the first half, leading to Miyan Williams recording three touchdowns and 91 yards on 15 carries.
Denzel Burke looks ready for return:Ohio State cornerback Denzel Burke looks ready to return for Rutgers game
Will Ohio State beat Rutgers?Expert Ohio State football predictions for Rutgers game
Tanner McCalister, Tyleik Williams leave game with injuries
By the end of the first half, two more members of the Ohio State defense were sidelined with injuries.
Safety Tanner McCalister was able to walk off the field, but was taken off the field after appearing woozy after a hit against the Scarlet Knights. He was taken to the medical ten and was seen with his teammates on the sideline, but did not re-enter the game in the first half. McCalister was replaced at the nickel by Kye Stokes.
Defensive tackle Tyleik Williams was escorted off the field with trainers looking at his knee and lower leg. He was later seen riding an exercise bike on the sideline, but did not see the field for the rest of the first half.
Ohio State football's 2022 schedule
- Week 1: Ohio State 21, Notre Dame 10
- Week 2: Ohio State 45, Arkansas State 12
- Week 3: Ohio State 77, Toledo 21
- Week 4: Ohio State 52, Wisconsin 21
- Week 5: Ohio State vs. Rutgers, Oct. 1, Columbus Ohio
- Week 6:Ohio State vs. Michigan State, Oct. 8, East Lansing, Mich.
- Week 7:Ohio State vs. Iowa, Oct. 22, Columbus, Ohio
- Week 8:Ohio State vs. Penn State, Oct. 29, State College, Pa.
- Week 9: Ohio State vs. Northwestern, Nov. 5, Evanston, Ill.
- Week 10:Ohio State vs Indiana, Nov. 12, Columbus, Ohio
- Week 11: Ohio State vs. Maryland, Nov. 19, College Park, MD.
- Week 12: Ohio State vs. Michigan, at noon Nov. 26, Columbus, Ohio