Michigan State safety Jaden Mangham carted off field after TreVeyon Henderson hit
Play between Ohio State and Michigan State halted after a hit from running back TreVeyon Henderson against Spartans safety Jaden Mangham.
On a 2nd-and-4 play near Michigan State's goal line, Henderson broke to the second level of the Spartans' defense, colliding helmets with Mangham, who brought the Ohio State back down after a 13-yard gain.
Ohio State football news:Sign up for our daily newsletter on Ohio State sports
How does Ohio State beat MSU?How can the Buckeyes beat Michigan State? Three keys for Ohio State football road opener
However, after the collision, Mangham did not get up and had to be carted off the field with his head strapped down. Henderson came to check on the Michigan State safety, who gave a thumbs up as he exited the field.
ESPN's Holly Rowe reports that Mangham was transported to a Lansing-area hospital with a head/neck injury.
Henderson returned to Ohio State after missing the Buckeyes' Week 5 win against Rutgers due to injury.
Ohio State football's 2022 schedule
- Week 1: Ohio State 21, Notre Dame 10
- Week 2: Ohio State 45, Arkansas State 12
- Week 3: Ohio State 77, Toledo 21
- Week 4: Ohio State 52, Wisconsin 21
- Week 5: Ohio State 49, Rutgers 10
- Week 6: Ohio State vs. Michigan State, Oct. 8, 4 p.m., East Lansing, Mich.
- Week 7: Ohio State vs. Iowa, Oct. 22, Columbus, Ohio
- Week 8: Ohio State vs. Penn State, Oct. 29, State College, Pa.
- Week 9: Ohio State vs. Northwestern, Nov. 5, Evanston, Ill.
- Week 10: Ohio State vs Indiana, Nov. 12, Columbus, Ohio
- Week 11: Ohio State vs. Maryland, Nov. 19, College Park, MD.
- Week 12: Ohio State vs. Michigan, at noon Nov. 26, Columbus, Ohio