What will be Ohio State football's uniforms vs. Michigan in 2022?
All signs are pointing to the Buckeyes wearing the traditional scarlet jerseys with gray pants donning a white and red stripe down the sides and a gray helmet with with that same red and white stripe down the center with Buckeye leaves on each side.
But devout Ohio State fan LeBron James is making sure the Buckeyes have custom cleats for the Michigan game.
How to watch OSU vs. Michigan 2022:What channel is the Ohio State game on vs. Michigan?
"Let's go," the Los Angeles Lakers star and Akron native tweeted Tuesday. "Had to (make) sure (my) boys had that (fire) for the weekend."
In September, James gifted the team with custom Beats headphones which mimicked the traditional Ohio State helmet.
Ohio State brought out its 'Blackout' alternate jerseys against Wisconsin
In the Buckeyes' primetime game against Wisconsin Sept. 24, Ohio State brought out its all-black alternate jerseys.
Ohio State has worn these black alternate uniforms three times, earning wins against Michigan State in 2019, Nebraska in 2018 and against Penn State in 2015 when these uniforms were first used.
Ohio State beat Wisconsin 52-21, earning its fourth win of the season and continued a nine-game win streak against the Badgers.
Ohio State football has worn alternate jerseys vs. Michigan
Ohio State has worn its fair share of alternate jerseys against Michigan in recent history.
The first time the Buckeyes wore an alternate jersey was in their 21-10 win against Michigan in 2009.
A year later, Ohio State beat Michigan 37-7 wearing scarlet tops and helmets and grey pants.
In Ohio State's first win against Michigan with Urban Meyer, the Buckeyes brought out alternate jerseys and won 26-21.
The Buckeyes brought an all-white look against the Wolverines in 2013's 42-41 win.
The Buckeyes donned black helmets in its 30-27 double-overtime win against Michigan in 2016.
A black-and-white jersey combination traveled with Ohio State to Ann Arbor in 2017, beating Michigan 31-20.
College football rankings 2022
Here's a look at the College Football Playoff's fourth ranking of the 2022 season.
- Georgia (11-0)
- Ohio State (11-0)
- Michigan (11-0)
- TCU (11-0)
- LSU (9-2)
- USC (10-1)
- Alabama (9-2)
- Clemson (10-1)
- Oregon (9-2)
- Tennessee (9-2)
- Penn State (9-2)
- Kansas State (8-3)
- Washington (9-2)
- Utah (8-3)
- Notre Dame 8-3)
- Florida State (8-3)
- North Carolina (9-2)
- UCLA (8-3)
- Tulane (9-2)
- Ole Miss (8-3)
- Oregon Satte (8-3)
- UCF (8-3)
- Texas (7-4)
- Cincinnati (9-2)
- Louisville (7-4)
Ohio State football's 2022 schedule
- Sept. 3:Ohio State 21, Notre Dame 10
- Sept. 10:Ohio State 45, Arkansas State 12
- Sept. 17:Ohio State 77, Toledo 21
- Sept. 24:Ohio State 52, Wisconsin 21
- Oct. 1: Ohio State 49, Rutgers 10
- Oct. 8:Ohio State 49, Michigan State 20
- Oct. 22: Ohio State 54, Iowa 10
- Oct. 29:Ohio State 44, Penn State 31
- Nov. 5: Ohio State 21, Northwestern 7
- Nov. 12: Ohio State 56, Indiana 14
- Nov. 19: Ohio State 43, Maryland 30
- Nov. 26: Ohio State vs. Michigan, Columbus, Ohio, noon, FOX
Michigan football's 2022 schedule
- Sept. 3: Michigan 51, Colorado State 7
- Sept. 10: Michigan 56, Hawaii 10
- Sept. 17: Michigan 59, UConn 0
- Sept. 24: Michigan 34, Maryland 27
- Oct. 1: Michigan 27, Iowa 14
- Oct. 8: Michigan 31, Indiana 10
- Oct. 15: Michigan 41, Penn State 17
- Oct. 29: Michigan 29, Michigan State 7
- Nov. 5: Michigan 52, Rutgers 17
- Nov. 12: Michigan 34, Nebraska 3
- Nov. 19: Michigan 19, Illinois 17
- Nov. 26: Michigan vs. Ohio State, Columbus, Ohio, noon