2022 Ohio High School Football Preview Guide release starts Aug. 12
With the second year of expanded playoffs and another early start to the high school football season, the ThisWeek sports staff is sticking to our game plan from last year, which proved to be a successful one.
As we have the last several years, we will provide our readers with everything necessary to be prepared for opening night and then each week of the season through the state championship games.
To provide the latest possible news in our season previews, our Friday Night Live 2022 Central Ohio High School Football Preview Guide again will be available only online.
Central Ohio high school football:Former head coaches make impact in supporting roles
Your team's slate:2022 weekly schedule for Columbus and surrounding areas
OHSAA football schedule:It's football season, Ohio. Here's what you need to know about the OHSAA football calendar
We will kick off our coverage Aug. 12 at ThisWeekSPORTS.com.
The coverage includes:
- In our cover story, Jarrod Ulrey looks at the breakthrough seasons a year ago from teams such as Big Walnut, New Albany and Upper Arlington and what they need to do to stay at that level.
- Ulrey also looks at the status of top area college recruits, including Dublin Coffman’s Will Smith Jr., who has committed to Ohio State.
- Our opening day is completed with the unveiling of our Super 7 preseason poll and league predictions by the ThisWeek staff.
- Opening week begins with previews of the CCL (released at 10 a.m.), area MSL teams (noon) and Columbus Crusaders, Jonathan Alder, KIPP Columbus, London, Ready and West Jefferson (2 p.m.).
- Previews from the City-North (noon) and City-South (2 p.m.) dominate the second day.
- The OCC takes center stage with previews from teams in the Buckeye (10 a.m.), Capital (noon), Cardinal (2 p.m.),Central (4 p.m.) and Ohio (6 p.m.).
- Now that you’ve read the season previews, it’s time for Week 1 game previews.
- The ThisWeekSPORTS.com Predictions Panel will pick the biggest games of the opening week.
- On the first Friday of the season, we will release our preseason Super 24 team, which names an all-star team of top players regardless of position.
- The preview week ends but our staff doesn’t stop, as we will bring you stories and pictures from the biggest games on the first Friday night of the season.
Ohio High School football regular season
Each week, we will deliver the same thorough online coverage you’ve come to expect the last several years with a Player of the Week, the Super 7 poll, predictions, game previews, player features, game coverage and much more.
Ohio high school football on the radio
Ryan Baker and I again will give scores, interviews and highlights every Friday night. But after eight years at AM820, the show is moving. “High School Football Overtime” will air on 97.1 The Fan. The show starts after the Game of the Week and runs until 11 p.m.
We know you’re as excited as we are for the season to begin, and we enjoy having the responsibility of providing our readers with central Ohio’s most comprehensive coverage of high school football.
I can be reached at 740-888-6054 or email@example.com. I look forward to hearing from you. And, as always, good luck to all area teams.